Wednesday, October 16, 2013

St. Margaret Mary

It's the feast of one of my favorite saints today so I'm celebrating with a picture and a poem that I love....


















St. Margaret Mary

There were so many thorns
about his brow, 
so many red lips 
to prove the reality 
of His love, 
so little fertility 
in the soil of
His creature's affections,
so much of winter everywhere:
need we be surprised that
when the Gardener
found a rose
fragrant with remembrance
He should lift it
to His Heart?


~Fr. Gerald Fitzgerald, sP 
Paths from Bethlehem

3 comments:

  1. Love this poem! Thanks for posting this Anne...God Bless..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem, Anne! I remember the heart sea glass you have (it's beautiful), you have a relic too?

    I hope you and your family are well, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cynthia and Mary. If you have the chance, you should look for Fr. Fitzerald's book-it's full of wonderful poetry! I'm blessed to have a relic of St. Margaret Mary-I treasure it deeply.

    ReplyDelete