Thursday, October 31, 2013

Eternal Proof

"I love you," He said.

"Prove it!" we sneered.

And He did.



O Jesus, Heart of my heart,
the wound in your side,
forever throbbing
and without a cure,
inflicted by my shallow,
 doubting mind,
is eternal proof of your love.

How regretful am I
to have required this sign.
Deepen my trust, I pray.
Never let me question You again.

For Your open side reveals
 Your Love
which is stronger
than death
and You are with me,
loving me,
even now,
even now.
Amen.




For more contributions on the Sacred Heart of Jesus for the First Friday link-up at O Most Sacred Heart blog, visit here.  This month's theme is:   "The Love of the Sacred Heart is stronger than death."  

4 comments:

  1. With no need to prove His love for us, Jesus did so anyway. This is beautiful, Anne; thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "O Jesus, Heart of my heart..." So beautiful, Anne. The Wound in His side, inflicted after His Death...so much mystery there.

    Happy All Saints' Day! May we one day be among them ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, you have such a way with words and it is such a joy to see them in service of Jesus and His Sacred Heart - it just makes me so happy! God bless you and thank you for sharing this beautiful piece with us. :) (Also, sorry this comment is quite late, I've haven't been well the past week but I remember reading this on First Friday (and All Saints!) and finding huge comfort in it!)

    ReplyDelete