Friday, June 3, 2011

Choose My Plate















It's not often that I blog about something that isn't spiritually related, but I have to share the USDA's new website on dietary guidelines for Americans. It's been a long time since I've gotten excited over something in my professional field of work. The USDA has done away with the confusing "food guide pyramid" and replaced it with "ChooseMyPlate." The website is easy to use, very informative and has a great feature which will analyze your diet and activity levels. There are even some delicious looking recipes in each food group category. Let's face it, the healthier we eat, the better we are able to keep the fires burning for the Lord and to spread the good news to all the earth! (How's that for putting a spiritual twist on the practicality of good nutrition?) Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I like it! I heard they were scratching the pyramid and totally cringed at the thought of what would replace it. THIS I like!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, I was cautious at first but this makes sense.

    ReplyDelete