Monday, April 26, 2010

Recalling the Mysteries























I came across my daughter, kneeling at the sofa, rosary in hand, trying to remember the names of the mysteries that spoke His story. My heart softened at the sight of her, and suddenly I was transported back in time, to my own youth. I could see my third grade classroom prayer corner, designed by my friend, Tammy and I, where we would kneel while our classmates were being drilled in math facts. Our reward for advancing in our studies was a bit of free time to quietly do as we pleased, and it pleased us to build this corner in honor of our Mother, and then quietly kneel and whisper prayers of love to His heart, the prayers that would forever be embedded in our minds, unraveling those very mysteries that told us of His journey on earth. And now, I knelt beside my own third grade daughter and spoke His mysteries with her, as we molded our hearts together, united in love with the heart of our Mother.

5 comments:

  1. You are so blessed to have such a beautiful moment of bonding with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Anne! Now that's what I call living your vocation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful is that?!? I hope E and I have that type of closeness when she reaches 3rd grade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May God bless you always for bringing up your family in the Faith.

    ReplyDelete