Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Heart and Soul of Mary

"Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one."
Friedrich Halm-a prompt by Carry on Tuesday












My soul, lost for so long,
and my heart, barely beating
have found new life in you
my Mother Mary, and I long
to follow your example.

Your beautiful, soulful eyes
never release their gaze
from the face of your Son,
your every thought and deed
focused on Him.

Your complete and tender
love for Him in your most
Immaculate Heart beats
deeply and profoundly by His side,
never leaving Him alone.

Beautiful Mother,
unite my soul to yours
so that it contains your Son alone,
my eyes forever gazing upon
His Holy face.

Beautiful Mother,
unite my heart to yours
so that I too, may become
immaculate in the sight of
your glorious Son, Jesus.

Amen.

8 comments:

  1. Anne,
    I second Gabriella~just beautiful. The picture you posted with it is one of my favorites of our Lady with the baby Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Anne!
    I brought my brother to your blog recently as we chatted on the phone...he said that he found you to be TRULY GIFTED and that ALL of your writing is POETIC...not just the poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have great difficulty finishing the stations of the cross. The picture of Mary at the foot of the cross is so heart-breaking that it is difficult to move on. Thank God that we will never have to bear what she did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May you be granted the wish. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne, I love the poem and the prayer! The Holy Spirit seconds that motion:)

    I also agree with Judy's comment above. All your writing is poetic and beautiful. You are truly gifted. May God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete