Monday, May 18, 2009

Spring Growing Pains








Dear God,

As your beautiful world
Comes to life in the season of spring
I realize that I, too
Am coming to life in the season
Of Your love.

Like the leaves on the trees
And the flowers in the ground
I am growing.

As an adolescent suffers pain
In his joints during periods of growth,
I, too, suffer pain during my period of growth.

Is it possible that the
Growth of spring
Is painful for the leaves and flowers, too?
Do they suffer pains to produce
Their beauty?
They must!

Pain produces new life and new growth
For everyone and everything.
Please God,
Be with all living things
As we reach and stretch
And grow.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I never gave it any thought that it might be painful for the flowers and trees as they come back to life in the spring.

    Keep it up, Annie! I joyfully read everything you write, my soul is enriched because of your heartfelt longings for the Lord!

    ReplyDelete